Saturday, June 26, 2010

Funerals




"Let death be daily before your eyes, and you will never entertain any abject thought, nor too eagerly covet anything."
Epictetus



Sad times. Went to the funeral of a friend, someone passes away just before it begins right there and I get home to hear someone else I know passed away that morning.

Recently it's been reinforced more and more to me in so many ways that one's life shouldn't be taken for granted. That you or a loved one may not live to see tomorrow. I told my family I loved them all last night.

RIP to all though. I guess you notice these things happening more when you're older. Maybe because you and everyone you know grow a little closer to death each year or maybe because one just grows more aware of such things.

Running away from this aspect of life isn't an option. So we need to live for today but always be ready for the funeral...

now playing:


考え
12.06.10

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...