Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stronger Than You Think

photo by Clint Koehler


"A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort."
Sydney Smith



I believe there's a threshold that, once exceeded, allows you to work for as long as your body can hold up. I passed this threshold a few times & always reaped great rewards... then met a huge crash afterwards. But being pushed to go past this threshold is catalyzed by external forces such as the pressure of a deadline. I for one, don't like being so worn out working like this that I end up out cold for hours.

Sadly I was one of those children who was told they were "smart" & told they should be able to do some things with ease. Dear parents, this is BAD. I tried to play this down but it still got to my subconscious & now I have trouble putting effort into anything I'm not immediately good at. Since I recognized this, I want to figure out how to put my all into something without being forced. I've realized this isn't easy. At least for me.

I'm open to suggestions because I know that I should be capable of much more. I don't know if it's because of a fear of failure or maybe a lack of passion, inspiration or motivation. Whatever it is about me though, I want to change it or I might end up shafted in the long turn.

Now Playing:
考え
I need a catalyst for this reaction

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...