Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Validation


"The primary joy of life is acceptance, approval, the sense of appreciation and companionship of our human comrades. Many men do not understand that the need for fellowship is really as deep as the need for food, and so they go through life accepting many substitutes for genuine, warm, simple relatedness. "
Joshua Loth Liebman



I've watched this short comedy several times. Every time I'm about to watch it, I look at the length and think that 16 minutes is pretty long and every time, by the end, I wonder if it was really only 16 minutes. It's a charming story that flows really well.

I think we all seek for some kind of proof that what we're doing is right or worth it and not just pointless. Not necessarily "social proof", which I often detest. I hate the idea that people like something simply because because others like it but unfortunately conformity seems to be only human. Persons should love something because they genuinely find it worthy of love. When this love or appreciation is genuinely shown it can make a difference.

We should all take time out to tell someone that we appreciate what they're doing or simply who they are. You can never tell what that little gesture can do for somebody. I want to try to make a conscious effort to do just that. Maybe it's just my nature but I think this might be a difficult thing to consciously and genuinely do, but I'll definitely try.


考え
at 9:22 - Angelina Jolie's brother

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...