Thursday, September 9, 2010

Violent Dreams


Nightmare by ~TheDemonInside



"I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind."
Emily Bronte



Up to just a few years ago I continuously had dreams of running away. I ran away from giant snakes in a mall parking lot and I escaped from space pirates on a distant Earth-like planet but most often, I run away from zombies in varying locations and circumstances. In all these dreams, the type of chasers were an implied physical danger and the enemy always kept closing in. I would then attempt to hide and the dream would end with me just about to be found.

I believe that dreams are the manifestations of the subconscious. I figured these dreams were trying to tell me something. I did a little research and found that these may represent issues in my life that I try to run away from or avoid. At that point I explored what those issues might be, I turned around and I tried my best to face them. All my life's issues haven't been solved but now I think I tackle them a little better.

This year I've had three similar dreams. Two involving zombies and one involving an unseen enemy. This time however, my reaction to the situations were different.

  1. In the first dream, from quite a few months ago there's a zombie plague. My family and loved ones on my recommendation had taken to the hills where the threat was less, moving closer daily to a part of the country reported to be safe. We moved by day when there was high visibility and scavenged for food and weapons/tools routinely. The key difference of this dream was that I was taking control.
  2. The second dream, from around 3 months ago, also involving a limited zombie threat, was one of the strangest I've ever had. The reason was that I had Neo like control of that reality, realizing it was a dream and yet it didn't cause me to wake up. Usually whenever I notice something is strange and become aware of a dream, I start to wake up. This time however I had telekinesis, throwing and blowing up zombies with my mind and teleporting myself and others to safety, waking up in good time. such an awesome dream.
  3. The latest dream was just last week. It was a short dream but interesting to me nonetheless. I was with a group of people, trying to move from one location to another in an urban area while hiding from an unknown enemy. The dream stood out to me because I took on a leadership position, something I usually avoid. I took full accountability, evaluated the resources at hand, accounted for personalities and differing abilities of the group and made a plan for our next step forward.
I haven't decided to really look into the meanings of these newer dreams yet and I'm not sure if I will. What's important to me is that I can tell that something's changing for the better. I'm starting to face my problems head on and I no longer fearfully run from attack in these violent dreams...


Now Playing:*


*The track is meant to be considered an instrumental but if you're wondering about the distorted vocals in Violent Dreams, it samples the vocals from Stina Nordenstam's A Walk in the Park [song, with lyrics in the video description]


考え
bah, next one'll be shorter


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...