Tuesday, November 2, 2010

JMLS Part 3: Finding Repairs for a Broken Heart

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket -- safe, dark, motionless, airless -- it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable."
C.S. Lewis



Finding Another You
Cabernet
photo by Andreas Levers


Yes I'm just a tad bitter and a bit(maybe slightly more than a bit) sad but this'll pass and there are a million of her out there. Better her's. I Let her take her things, I let her leave, I can pull through this, easy. I thought there was no other but obviously that was naive and I'm past it. Now I'm back in the dating game, dressing like I'm single again. This'll actually be fun.


Dreaming with a Broken Heart
"Please don't e-mail me"
photo by David Goehrig
Sigh... What made me think this would be easy? I'm finding it hard to wake up these mornings. She was so hard-wired into my system that now that she's not here, I have to wonder everyday if she was simply a dream I just woke up from. I wonder if I should try to get her back... but can I? Even the days seem so much darker...

In Repair
If the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me, too.
photo by Devin Young
It's been a while since that steamroller went over my heart. A few weeks.... or months. I don't quite remember. I don't really want to try to. I guess time does heal a little though, or at least gives the opportunity to clear one's mind. The wind of time weathered down the crust of sorrow I encased myself in. As it does, my heartbeat is slowly growing stronger, maybe telling me it's not quite time yet... but I'm getting there.



Now Playing:


考え
sorry I've been absent, writer's block passed

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...