Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sensational Burning

"The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn"
David Russel



If you want to burn bridges, do it right. Aim for ashes, not charcoal. Block off the waterways or the canyon, whatever the case. Build a perimeter wall so you don't have to even see where that bridge used to be.

Don't put up a "Do Not Cross" sign in the middle of the bridge. Don't put a gate on your end. Do it right. Otherwise you'll make it obvious that you don't actually want to burn it. You make it obvious that you want to cross that bridge again; that you're holding out in the case of civil unrest in your own land. Oh, and don't burn the bridge then build a dock either.

The sign's annoying and childish and I'm staring at it playing with a lighter. I'll take a few days, check back to see if it's still there because honestly, I don't really want it to go down. I'm not sure what I'll do when I check back but when the time comes I'll be sure about it.

I'm usually apathetic but I think it's time I change that. I don't think I'll let such things so easily get over my head...

now playing:


考え

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...